Whether you have known since childhood or have been recently diagnosed as an adult, have a look through these recommended books on female Autism/Asperger’s and know you are definitely not alone!
Books About Asperger’s/Autism, Written By Autistic People:
- “Thinking In Pictures” – Temple Grandin, 1996
- “Different Not Less: Inspiring Stories of Achievement and Successful Employment of Adults with Autism, Asperger’s, and ADHD” – Temple Grandin,
- “The Autistic Brain: Helping Different Kinds of Minds Succeed [Reprint Edition]” – Temple Grandin, 2014
- “The Loving Push: How Parents and Professionals Can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults” – Temple Grandin,
- “Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships: Decoding Social Mysteries Through the Unique Perspectives of Autism” – Temple Grandin
- “Everyday Aspergers” – Samantha Craft, 2016
- “Painted Words: Aspects of Autism Translated” – Judy Endow
- “Learning the Hidden Curriculum: The Odyssey of One Autistic Adult” – Judy Endow
- “The Hidden Curriculum of Getting and Keeping a Job: Navigating the Social Landscape of Employment” – Judy Endow
- “Practical Solutions for Stabilizing Students With Classic Autism To Be Ready To Learn and Getting To Go” – Judy Endow
- “Paper Words: Discovering and Living With My Autism” – Judy Endow
- “Safety Skills For Asperger Women” – Liane Holliday Willey
- “Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome” – Rudy Simone, 2010
- “Broken Cookies Taste Just As Sweet: The Amazing Grace of Motherhood, Marriage, and Miracles on the Spectrum” – Marisa Ulrich, 2017
Books About Asperger’s/Autism, Written by Non-Autistic People:
- “Neurotribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity” – Steve Silberman
- “The Complete Guide To Asperger’s Syndrome” – Tony Attwood, 2007
- “I Am AspienGirl: Not Your Average Superhero” – Tania Marshall, M.Sc.
- “I Am AspienWomen” – Tania Marshall, M.Sc.
- “AspienPowers” – Tania Marshall, M.Sc.
- “Behind the Mask: A Guide For Professionals Working With Females on the Autism Spectrum” – Tania Marshall, M.Sc.
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers (UK)
- Your Stories Matter (UK)
- Autonomous Press (online, unknown location) ~ Weird Books For Weird People
Well-Known Autistic Authors – Currently updating
- Temple Grandin
- Tony Attwood
- Alis Rowe
- Tania Marsjall
- Rudy Simone
- Karen McKibbin